Quiet Connections Meet Up in St Austell, Cornwall
Gently connecting us quieter, more introverted, highly sensitive, socially anxious or shy ones
Wheal Martyn, St Austell
Saturday 16th Oct 2021 @ 10:00am | Wheal Martyn, St Austell
Join us for October's Quiet gathering where we will be spending a relaxing morning exploring Wheal Martyn, learning about Cornwall’s amazing china clay heritage and taking a lovely walk in their nature filled woodlands. Followed by a hot drink in the cafe.
Meeting Point: Outside the front entrance, in front of the china clay statues at Wheal Martyn, St Austell, Cornwall, PL26 8XG See Google Map and Street View here. Look for Ellie (woman with brown curly hair!) You can also use the What3Words app to find us at: sports.grumbling.intrigued
What we're doing: Museum and a Nature Walk
"Hi, I'm Ellie! Look out for me at the meeting point - I'll be leading this event.
I know coming to new places and meeting new people can be nerve-racking -I've struggled with social anxiety and shyness myself- so please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or worries before the event, just having a chat via email can be really reassuring and I'm happy to talk to you on the phone if you prefer too. You can message me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'm a total nature nerd, currently training as an ecologist so when we're out and about together, feel free to ask me any questions about nature - I'm in my element outdoors! I look forward to meeting you at the next event"
What to bring/Wear:
- Suitable clothing and footwear - tracks are gravelled but be prepared for Cornish Autumn weather
- Drink/Snacks in case you get peckish
- Suncream or rain coat (depending on the Cornish weather)
- Hand sanitiser
- Face mask for going inside or being in close proximity
- Money if you want a drink and cake in the cafe!
- Wheal Martyn has a car park close to the museum
£10.50 per Adult, £6 per child (5 - 17), Under 5's are free - You will get an annual pass with a full paying ticket.
NOTE: For groups over 10 there will be a discount to £8.50 so please let us know if you're going via the form below so that we can arrange this for everyone!
If finances are a barrier to attending, please do message us - we have a budget available to help you attend and we don't want you to miss out!
About Wheal Martyn
Wheal Martyn is a beautiful small museum that teaches us all about Cornish heritage, It's a unique and quiet tourist attraction that is full of wonders. The best part is outside, it provides everything from the old mining trials, views of beautifully unique working pits and gorgeous woodland and nature walks that are teaming with wildlife - great to look for fungi and birds at this time of year! There is also a lovely cafe that we can warm up in at the end if we want to. Find out more at: wheal-martyn.com
About Quiet Gatherings
- Wheal Martyn is a wonderful place for children so do feel free to bring them along as well, and likewise you may bring a friend or family member if that helps you attend.
- You are welcome to stay as little or as long as you like, please do not feel pressure to stay for the duration of the trip - we understand that social gatherings can be tiring.
- Our Quiet Gatherings are place where you can sit back and join in as you'd like to. It's okay to be quiet and it's okay to make conversation with us. This is a chance for you to gently connect with other and stretch your comfort zone at your own pace, so participate as much or as little as you feel comfortable.
- If would like any more information or reassurance please feel free to message Ellie Smart at email@example.com.
Important: Covid-19 Safety Instructions
For the safety of our group, please do not attend if you or someone you live with:
- have tested positive for Covid in the last 7 days
- are waiting on results of a Covid-19 test
- have any Covid symptoms (including cough, temperature, change in sense of smell or taste; headache; sore throat; an unusually runny nose or sneezing)
Our team will take rapid lateral flow tests before attending. Where possible, please take a test prior to coming along to reduce the risk of Covid-19 at this event further. Thank you for your help to keep all our participants and their loved ones safe.