Join our St Ives Ghost Walk Meet Up
Connect with likeminded quieteers for a Saturday evening Ghost Walk in St Ives on Saturday 2nd December 2023 from 8.30pm.
This Pop Up Meet Up is designed to help you enjoy something you might not normally do with likeminded people in a calm and gentle way that feels authentic to your true quiet self. Suitable for complete beginners, it’s a safe space for you to have a go at something fun and perhaps gently stretch your comfort zone as part of a community of quieteers who truly get you.
We can’t wait to welcome you.
Your Meet Up leader
Hi, I’m Alistair
I’ll be leading this Pop Up Meet Up. I’m here to greet you and guide you through the event, as well as answer any questions or concerns that you might have.
I, too, identify as a quiet person. I used to struggle to fit in and felt like there was something wrong with me. My quietness often seemed to be an issue and I used to spend my day trying to hide and avoid being in the spotlight. But realising that I’m a highly sensitive introvert was life-changing for me - I finally saw that I wasn’t alone and there was nothing wrong with me; I had genuine reasons for some of my choices and behaviours. Joining an Introvert Meet Up group helped me to meet other introverts who also felt the same way. Now I’m passionate about helping people embrace their introversion and to feel quietly confident through connecting with like-minded quieteers, and I would love to have you join me at a Meet Up so you can do just that.
What to expect
We will meet at 8.20pm at Westcott’s Quay in St Ives, with the walk starting at 8.30pm. The walk will be approximately 1 hour 15 minutes long and will be around St Ives. The route chosen is around town and we have been assured it is not too hilly!
Westcott’s Quay, TR26 2DY is situated 200m behind the RNLI Lifeboat House. It is along the seawall, past the toilets, heading towards the train station, by the St Ives Arts Club benches and Blas Burgerworks Restaurant.
I will be there – I am easily visable as I am 6 foot 5 with a beard! I can be contacted on my mobile phone by those who have signed up via the website.
Where to find us
St Ives, GB TR26 2DY
- By car: parking is limited in St Ives. For the start of the walk the Train Station car park is best, at TR26 2BH. For the end of the walk the Sloop car park at TR26 1LT is better.
- By train: come out of St Ives train station, walk up to The Terrace A3074, walk along The Terrace, then turn right down Skiddern Hill, and then turn right into Westcott’s Quay. This is an approximately 20 minute walk.
- By bus: the closest bus stop is Malakoff bus station. This is an approximately 10 minute walk away from Westcott’s Quay.
If you would like any more detailed information about getting to this Pop Up Meet Up, you can message Al at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Join In...
- You must buy your own ticket from Shanty Baba. Cash payments are NOT accepted so you will need to buy your own ticket in advance here.
- Then, please let us know you'll be joining us using this form, so that we know to expect you.
Tickets cost £8 per adult and need to bought in advance.
See you on Saturday 2nd December at 8:30pm