What's it all about?
We're bringing understanding people together who all have similar feelings and challenges, creating a warm and encouraging space that feels safe and reassuring to practice our speaking abilities.
Choose which group suits you best; the first is focused on speaking in social situations and the second is focused on public speaking. Watch the video to see our Director, Hayley talking about her reasons for creating a speaking group.
Practising your social abilities with people, one to one and in small groups.
Second Monday of the month at Cafe Chaos, Truro
- You'll get a choice of activities designed to slowly stretch your comfort zone.
- We know that for many people, just turning up is a huge achievement so you're welcome to come along and observe with a cuppa and creative distractions before choosing to join in.
- We can also connect you with a Quiet volunteer who attends, so you have someone to put your mind at ease beforehand and you'll have a friend to support you the first time you attend the group.
What are people saying?
“I felt that the group put my mind at rest when thinking about speaking out loud. Being around like minded people made me feel less isolated and boosted my confidence.”
“I'm so glad I found you. It's so nice to know that others are going through similar things. What I like most is being able to talk to others who have similar issues, learning how to overcome those using different techniques to control anxiety. It's been a great way of making new friends with similar stories. You are an inspiration.”
“I like the openness of the group and the way they greeted me when I first started a few months ago. They continue to show an interest and make me feel welcome.”
Practising speaking out in front of a small, supportive audience.
- A safe space you can use to practise an upcoming speech, pitch or presentation with an encouraging audience
- Or simply have a go at speaking out using guided activities, at your own pace.
- You'll receive kind encouragement from those observing and positive feedback to take away.
[events-calendar-templates template="classic-timeline" category="public-speaking-connections" date_format="DM" start_date="" end_date="" limit="1" order="ASC" hide-venue="no" time="future" title="Next Event"]