Quiet Connections Meet Up in Falmouth, Cornwall
Gently connecting us quieter, more introverted, highly sensitive, socially anxious or shy ones
Rockpooling & Time by the Sea
Sunday 19th Sept 2021 @ 10:30am | Gyllyngvase Beach, Falmouth
Join us for September’s Quiet gathering where will be spending some blue mind time by the sea and having a little look at what Cornish Coastal Critters we can find!
What we're doing: Rockpooling and an (optional) beverage - Ellie is leading this event and will help guide us in exploring the little critters that are around and will also have some books for you to look through.
"Hi, I'm Ellie! Look out for me at the meeting point - I'll be leading this event.
I know coming to new places and meeting new people can be nerve-racking -I've struggled with social anxiety and shyness myself- so please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or worries before the event, just having a chat via email can be really reassuring and I'm happy to talk to you on the phone if you prefer too. You can message me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'm a total nature nerd, currently training as an ecologist so when we're out and about together, feel free to ask me any questions about ocean life - I'm in my element in nature! I look forward to meeting you at the next event"
What to bring/Wear: If you have a bucket it can be worth bringing it along too so you can have a closer look at what is found!
- Suitable clothing and footwear - Rocks can be slippy, so you may end up getting a little wet - if you have grippy walking boots or Wellies this can be a good idea!
- Suncream or rain coat (depending on the Cornish weather)
- Hand sanitiser
- Face mask for going into the cafe or being in close proximity
- Drink/snacks in case you get peckish
- Money for parking (up to £4.00) and for a hot/cold drink if you would like to join us for a drink (£3ish)
- Gyllyngvase Car Park is opposite Queen Mary Gardens (TR11 4DP). This costs £2.70 for up to 2hrs or £4.00 for 2-3hrs. (We anticipate spending about 1hr rock pooling then heading for a drink at the cafe.
- Street parking is available nearby which there is no charge for, however it can be difficult to get a spot and may require a short walk.
You are more than welcome to bring friends, family and your children too. If would like any more information or reassurance please feel free to message Ellie Smart at email@example.com.
Important: Covid-19 Safety Instructions
For the safety of our group, please do not attend if you or someone you live with:
- have tested positive for Covid in the last 7 days
- are waiting on results of a Covid-19 test
- have any Covid symptoms (including cough, temperature, change in sense of smell or taste; headache; sore throat; an unusually runny nose or sneezing)
Our team will take rapid lateral flow tests before attending. Where possible, please take a test prior to coming along to reduce the risk of Covid-19 at this event further. Thank you for your help to keep all our participants and their loved ones safe.
We hope you can join us!