Job Opening: Community Coordinator [Part-Time]
Closing date: 28th November 2021
You will be developing opportunities for connection and support to help people who are experiencing social anxiety to feel a sense of belonging, practise using strategies to manage anxious feelings, and gently stretch their comfort zones and increase their confidence.
You will be home-based and working independently as part of a small team. You will be part of the core team and welcomed to all events. You will work closely with Directors Hayley and Stacie to grow the Quiet Community and you’ll join regular supervision meetings, online or in person.
- Planning community gatherings/social engagement activities, including risk assessments
- Promoting events online and offline
- Providing information, encouragement and reassurance to people who are interested in attending social gatherings
- Leading, welcoming and supporting people at events; ensuring groups members are feeling comfortable and included, contributing to creating a positive, solution-focused space
- Assisting with recruiting and managing volunteers
- Supporting and interacting with community members via the Quiet Connections app
- Assisting in creating social engagement content for Facebook and Instagram
- Raising awareness of Quiet Connections and our work, which could include attending promotional events, giving talks to groups and seeking opportunities with the media
- Assisting with market research, gaining feedback and increasing our understanding of local need, and further developing our offer to meet this need
- Delivering content on workshops and courses and providing 1:1 support
- Further tasks that you feel you would benefit from being involved in, such as undertaking fundraising activities or contributing to the blog
- This role will be held by someone who can create a vital connection with our Community Members. Therefore, you must have a strong personal alignment with Quiet Connections’ mission and values
- It is important that you have a good understanding of our client groups and be able to personally relate to some of their challenges
- We are looking for someone who can take initiative and be creative, proactive and organised, whilst working as part of a small team
- You must have the ability to lead others and facilitate group activities, with attention to detail
- You will have excellent communication skills with sensitivity, empathy and tactfulness
- Coaching or counselling skills is advantageous
- You will have a positive attitude and resourcefulness
- You will be willing to undertake training and self-directed research as necessary.
Part-time 3 days a week (22.5 hrs) with a salary of £12,636.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com, explaining why you would like to work for Quiet Connections and how you feel you meet the criteria above. Closing date: 28th November 2021.