Volunteer Role: Community Connector
Volunteer opportunity for Community Connectors to join the team and support the community via the Quiet Connections App.
As a Community Connector, you will be helping to build a sense of togetherness, safety and belonging for members of the Quiet Connections app through providing support, reassurance, encouragement and a listening ear to community members.
Your role will be instrumental in ensuring that people feel seen, heard, valued and supported, and that they know they are not alone in their experiences, by growing engagement within the community.
Ultimately, you will increase community members’ satisfaction and participation within the community; increasing their sense of belonging and connectedness, improving the way they feel about themselves, and furthering their own personal development.
What you’ll be doing as part of a small team of Quiet Connectors:
(It is not necessary to do all of these tasks; you are invited to do as much as you feel comfortable with)
- Starting conversations and asking questions about topics that app members may be interested in to promote conversation and a sense of community.
- Responding to other people’s comments with the intention that those who find the courage to post are receiving timely replies from a team member.
- Inviting people to share their insights and experiences and sharing your own story as much as you’re comfortable to create a sense of trust, relatability and common humanity.
- Supporting and encouraging people to take on and achieve their desired comfort zone challenges.
- Helping individuals to recognise their own personal successes, no matter how small and celebrating their wins.
- Share details of upcoming Quiet Connections webinars, courses and free gifts to keep community members informed about helpful events and resources available to them.
- Arranging and promoting special activities such as a live ‘bake-a-long’ for community members to join in with.
- Working alongside Quiet Connections’ Social Engagement Manager and Directors to improve members’ experience, sharing your observations, feedback and ideas and creating plans with the team.
- Keeping sensitive information shared within the app or with you directly, confidential, as required by the law.
- Ensuring that your posts are aligned with the Quiet Connections brand guidelines which will be shared with you.
Role holders will be creating important connections with our Community Members. Therefore, you must have a strong personal alignment with Quiet Connections’ mission and values. It is vital that you have a good understanding of our client groups and be able to personally relate to some of their challenges. You must have excellent written communication skills with thoughtfulness, sensitivity, empathy and tactfulness. We are looking for someone who can take initiative and be proactive whilst understanding the limits of their competence, whilst working as part of a small team.
Your time commitment depends on your availability. You must be able to commit to a minimum of 1hr a week please.
You will be required to download the Quiet Connections app to your phone, create a profile and enable notifications.
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email explaining why you would like to join the Quiet Connections team as a volunteer and how you feel you meet the criteria above, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.