Join The Quiet Community
Reframing quiet with people on the same path
We know you’re tired of feeling like nobody understands you. You get kinda lonely, but you find it hard to reach out to others. We get that it’s not easy making new friends. As a quieter person, it can be a struggle to start conversations and meet new people, especially on those days when you’re feeling rubbish about yourself.
You want to feel like you belong.
You want to be with kind-hearted people who genuinely understand you. Connecting with others without the pressure. Making kind, supportive new friends who naturally ‘get you’ because they’ve been there too. Wouldn’t it be nice to have that safe space to vent when you need to? Trusted friends to help you sort through your thoughts and feelings? To feel that you’re a part of something?
You want to feel seen, heard and understood.
It’s not always easy meeting someone in person. You might feel self-conscious, panic or struggle to think of something to say. And are you really going to talk about all things ‘quiet’ when most of us are so concerned with hiding this part of ourselves from the world? Probably not. But you know that you need to connect with others.
Maybe social media has shown you that you’re not alone. But it’s not enough knowing that there are people out there with similar experiences, you want to connect with them too! Only you feel uneasy about people you know seeing what you’ve posted, or finding out you’ve joined that ‘social anxiety support’ group... and you’re never sure how private those things are anyway, right?
Welcome to The Quiet Community!
The Quiet Connections app is a safe space for you to connect with new friends who struggle with speaking up in groups and conversations too.
- You’ll be part of a genuinely understanding community where you can share your stories, worries and successes; ask questions and feel supported and understood.
- You’ll see stats and stories from people who feel socially anxious so you know for sure that you’re not weird, broken or alone.
- You’ll get a daily conversation starter to help you reflect and recognise and celebrate all that you are and all that you can be.
- You’ll see the events happening in your area and online.
- You can get involved in our latest campaigns to reframe quiet and raise awareness.
The Quiet Community is designed specifically for you, by people who have been there too.
“Hi, we’re Stacie and Hayley! We’re bringing quieter people together to create a community of understanding and a safe place for you to learn, grow and make new friends in a relaxed way.
We’re coaches and we’ve been there too! We both thought that there was something wrong with us; as if we were uniquely flawed. Broken. Finding out that we’re not alone (or weird!) changed the way we saw ourselves. As we shared our stories with other people, the shame and embarrassment melted. We started seeing new possibilities and picking up tips and techniques that helped us. We began to see the good in us. And we want this for you too.”
Thoughts from our Quiet Community...
“Quiet Connections gave me the chance to get to know people and feel recognised and understood; safe and peaceful in the knowledge that I wasn’t going to be judged.”
“I'm so glad I found you. What I like most is being able to talk to others who have similar issues, learning how to overcome those using different techniques. It's been a great way of making new friends with similar stories.”
Join the Quiet Community now
Get understanding, support and friendship today.
- Is the Quiet Community free? Yes - and it even includes bonus short courses that are free to members so be sure to check out the available courses when you join!
- Is there a Quiet Connections app I can download? Yes there is - it's a Mighty Networks app but once you've signed up to Quiet Connections you'll find it opens up on your Quiet Community every time. The best way to get the app is to have a text sent straight to your phone when you're logged into the community (be sure to type in your country code at the start of your phone number e.g. +44 for UK). Otherwise you can download the Mighty Networks app and then search for Quiet Connections within that.
- What’s the purpose of the Quiet Community? The Quiet Community has been created to help you to connect with people who share similar stories so that you know you’re not alone, can grow your support network and share experiences in a safe space, and feel part of a community.
- Can I be anonymous? Pretty much. When you sign up you’ll be asked for a name – this is your username that will be displayed when you comment. You’ll then be asked to enter your first and last name when you complete your profile, but ONLY your FIRST NAME will be displayed on your profile. Your surname will always be private, and only management will be able to view this. The reason we ask for this information is so that people who sign up are not totally anonymous to help us protect our community members.
- What information will other people see about me? Only as much as you choose to fill in on your profile!
“The best bit is that there’s no pressure to be anyone but yourself. Other people can relate to how hard and stressful it can be. It’s really good.”
“I felt that they put my mind at rest when thinking about speaking out loud. Being with like minded people made me feel less isolated and boosted my confidence.”
"Quiet Connections helped me realise that each and every one of us have individual stories that are important enough to be shared; actually, they need to be heard. It offered me a whole new mindset and the confidence to know that it is OK to use my voice”
“Having support has helped to ease feelings of depression by being able to talk about it; changing my mindset and relieving some of the pressure I’ve been placing on myself.”