Do you want to feel more confident…
- ...speaking in groups?
- ...giving a presentation at college or university?
- ...voicing your opinions in work meetings?
- ...attending networking events?
- ...talking in job interviews?
With Speaking Connections, you'll start growing your confidence in social situations so you can more easily achieve what’s truly important to you in life.
- We're bringing understanding people together who all have similar feelings and challenges and that means this is a warm and encouraging space that feels safe and reassuring to practise in.
- It’s ok to progress at your own pace. This can mean quietly observing before choosing to take part, and you'll be in good company.
- You'll leave the session feeling proud that you've stepped outside of your comfort zone and positively determined to take your next comfort zone stretch.
Come to the next gathering
“Together, we’re taking small, supported steps to stretch our comfort zones, little by little”
We’re offering two different types of gatherings so you can pick the one that suits what you need. The first is our monthly gathering – a space for practising speaking with people one to one and in small groups. Here, you get a choice of activities designed to slowly stretch your comfort zone as you’d like to. The second is a supportive and encouraging space to practise your pitches and presentations and receive positive feedback.
You can have up to 5 minutes to present on a subject of your choice while the rest of us jot down some of the things we like about your presentation. We’ll draw your attention to what you’re doing well and you’ll get positive feedback about your presentation to take away with you.
Thursday 7th & Tuesday 19th September